Dior Homme Parfum by Dior

A true masterpiece and an artistic icon of modern-chic perfumery 



THE PERFUME
The version of Dior Homme  in the form of Dior Homme Parfum appeared in 2014. Starting with the Olivier Polge fragrance in 2005, the whole Dior Homme line was always a favorite of mine and I consider them the best designer line EVER. Bearing in mind that I refer to it only considering the three main characters of this line, Dior Homme, Dior HOmme Intense and Dior Homme Parfum as I never took much care about the others (Sport, Eau, etc.). I've been buying bottle pf Dior Homme since it first came out in 2005 when I can barely understand it in terms of artistic values but I simply adore the smell of the perfume and the uniqueness that it gave me moreover in my office where I was "the guy who smells good". When I used to pull off Dior Homme, the phrase always turned into "the guy who smells differently good". At that time, being a 20 years old guy wearing a powdery, lipsticky scent but with a Woody, slightly leathery and vetiver base, makes you smell very Smart and interesting as the trend was the acquatic or the  back to the barbershop scents, so smells like flowers (young an perhaps feminine) and earthy aromatic leather (manly and refined at the same time) makes you so interesting and different. At that time, I used to buy at least two perfume bottles a month (only designers) and my wardrobe was composed by Aqua di Gio, Dolce Gabanna pour homme, Dior's Eau Sauvage, CH 212, Issey Miyake L'eau d'Issey and their blue flankers, Escada fragrances, Kenzo pour Homme and that kinda fragrances, so you can imagine how different Dior HOmme was and how amazed I felt when I smelled the original Oliver Polge's formula that I immediately bought it and never stopped until today that I keep buying it in its current formulations made by François Demachy.

The Parfum form was a true surprise, because I have to admit that after having the original and the Intense form (which I adore too) I thought that this could be a marketing movement and a redundant flanker but a huge mistake and prejudice made by me. That blast of iris with the amplified leather accord, the overdose of rose and dark Woods and the mysterious note in the base (oud taht I don't know at that time) made fall head over heels and I purchased a bottle instantly. Flash forward till today, we lived all the hype, the terror about the dissapearance of this perfume and I have to say that I lost its track in middle of 2018 until the end of 2019 when I accidentally found it again in a big department store (El Corte Inglés) and immediatly re-bought it and the rest is history....

I need to try the new 2020 versión but I'm hearing good things about it both in terms of smell and performance so maybe the formula is intact or at least, not much "touched", anyways, I'm not the type of guy who cries over the new formulations, I take them as they are or not, simple as that. If I love a perfume, I try its current versión as son as I end my actual bottle and if I like it I got it and if not, I pass and try to leave with the memories of my beloved formulations. I say this because probably the Dior Homme Line holds the title in terms of threads about their different formulas, batches and variations....


NOTES
Citruses, Violet, Rose, Orris, Sandalwood, Leather, Ambrette Seeds, Cedar, Vanilla.



REVIEW
A true masterpiece and an artistic icon of modern-chic perfumery that consist in a darker, bolder and more complex version of the original DH and DHI with an overdose of leather and the addition of lush rose and exotic oud. The Dior Homme DNA is still very marked with its characteristic powdery iris, milky vanilla and cocoa but with the addition of a dry spicy leathery twist and dark woods floating around the whole concoction. There's also a rose and ambrette duo that conforms a soapy, silky, musky and sophisticated aura that perfectly pairs with the also incremented dose of patchouli, the barely smoky dry down and the woody-resinous base. Pure class, super special scent and a timeless classic in my opinion that makes justice to the name of the designer that it carries, Christian Dior.

Una verdadera obra maestra y un icono artístico de la perfumería moderna y elegante que consiste en una versión más oscura, más audaz y más compleja del DH y DHI original con una sobredosis de cuero y la adición de exuberante rosa y exótico oud. El ADN de Dior Homme está muy marcado con su característico iris empolvado, vainilla lechosa y cacao, pero con la adición de un toque seco de cuero picante y maderas oscuras flotando alrededor de todo el brebaje. También hay un dúo de rosa y ambrette que conforma un aura jabonosa, sedosa, almizclada y sofisticada que combina perfectamente con la dosis también aumentada de pachulí, el secado ligeramente ahumado y la base resinosa y amaderada. Pura clase, aroma súper especial y un clásico atemporal en mi opinión que hace justicia al nombre del diseñador que lleva, Christian Dior.


Check my review on Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/B7IdGpaoF-8/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

BLACK by Puredistance Master Perfumes

GOLD by Puredistance Master Pefumes

AENOTUS by Puredistance Master Perfumes