ROYAL BLUE BY OLENTIA NASUS

An enchanting and superb rich masterpiece that interacts with your soul and senses to create a state of fullness and satisfaction not explainable with words but only having the luck to experience its elegance


While the whole world was experiencing the COVID-19 issue, my good friend Martin (@thescentedcat) and I were confined each one at his own home but maintaining the contact in a cyber way as usual. Amongst other topics, we were of course discussing fragrances (as always) and preparing our "care packages" as we do every once in a while to interchange some perfumes that we discover and that we think the other one could easily fall in love with and he told me that he'd going to prepare me a package including a piece that really caught my eye the day that I see him featuring it on his Instagram. Well, long story short, we interchanged our packages one on its way to Sweden and other coming to Spain all the way from Sweden.

When I opened my package, amongst a lot of presents and beautiful details and of course, lots of perfume lol, I found an official sample vial of Olentia Nasus and my heart automatically skip a beat. I was amazed by it because of the interest that I had in trying this perfume. I started sniffing perfumes but I let my Olentia Nasus simple apart because I wanted to try it and experience it in a special moment, on a day that I was relaxed and really focused to appreciate the majesty of this piece that I imagined and painted a picture in my mind creating very high expectations by my own. The result was that it highly met those expectations and of course surpassed them.
I already felt this with other perfumes but not that much so, the connection that I felt with this fragrance was amazing. It features lots of notes that I adore but composed in a very unique and special way. I automatically wrote not only Martin but Olentia Nasus himself and we were chatting a bit (nice Spanish the master has by the way, amongst the other languages that he fluently speaks). I felt that I had to congratulate him and let him know how special this scent was for me since the very first moment I smelled it and how I felt in love with it.

Despite the scent was completely new to me, it automatically provided me with a feeling of security and confidence that I guess it was due to the huge dose of the highest quality labdanum which is my favorite note alongside rose so, it made me feel like I was safe, comfortable and happy at home. When I say home, I meant the landscape that surrounds me and my house because I live in the outskirts of Madrid and I spend lots of time in the woods surrounding my town both riding my bike either the mountain bike and the road bike as well as walking either alone or with my wife. I also ride a lot with my father and he showed me lots of places full of labdanum bushes, dry herbs, cereals, cypress, juniper trees, pine tres and many kind of coniferous and I created a special connection to it and created many memories with those aromas and somehow I relate this scent with my father as well maybe due to that fact.
I felt an abstracted and impressionistic representation of a moment of fullness and happiness that only the real special perfumes can do. Only those few ones can instantly touch and bewitch your soul with a whisper of magic.

I believe in destiny and I think destiny made Martin put that sample on that little box for me because that moment was meant to be and that sample had to find me to provide me with the sensations and feelings that it did and made me feel how I felt. Gracias hermano Martin for your true friendship and gracias Olentia Nasus for creating such a gem and for the kind and nice chat that we had.


THE PERFUME AND THE PERFUMER
"As much as we are perfume lovers who believe that perfume is an important aspect of personality, we are also deeply affected by the well being of animals"
While technology and innovation have allowed tremendous comfort for humans in all areas of life, unfortunately, it has also paved the way for methods that are not only against the ethics of human values but also poses a great deal of threat to the environment.

One such area is the manufacturing of perfume. Many are not aware of the cruelty which is being acted upon animals just for the sake of a longer lasting perfume scent.

As much as we are perfume lovers who believe that perfume is an important aspect of personality, we are also deeply affected by the well being of animals. Now, this is where technology (this time for the betterment) comes to the rescue.

Vegan Perfumes are becoming more and more popular, and why not? They smell magnificent and they last longer too. But more importantly they are free from all types of animal cruelty. This we believe is the key reason why more and more people are adopting vegan perfumes.

But where there is a way, there is a dilemma too,

"There are a ton of gray areas such as mixing of the natural ingredients with the artificial ones"
Unfortunately, in the quest of selling more, companies tend to compromise on the quality of vegan perfumes when there is actually no need to do so. Vegan perfumes are often branded as synthetic perfumes. Although these perfumes are vegan, there are, along with doubt about the quality of these perfumes, also health concerns.

Take for e.g., the polycyclic musks (PCM), heavily used in order to make synthetic perfumes, which can lead to hormonal imbalance causing problems to the breast and the prostate. They are also more likely to cause allergic reactions.

Moreover, distinguishing between the natural and synthetic materials and ingredients is not a totally straight forward process. There are a ton of gray areas such as mixing of the natural ingredients with the artificial ones. Such mixture of perfume is regrettably sold as pure.

This is where people like us come into the picture,

The challenge now is to use animal- and human friendly natural as well as synthetic ingredients which result in superior quality fragrances.

And this is where we, Olentia Nasus, are stepping up to the challenge. Ever since our childhood we have been mesmerized by fragrances, but our love for animals and the awareness of their treatment only increases as time goes by.

We vowed to transform this challenge into a business which is in accordance with animal well being, human values and safety. Technological advancements coupled with strong ethics and moral guidelines allows us to produce careful methods of manufacturing high quality vegan perfumes.

Are we different from others?

We strive for safe, high quality cruelty free perfumes, environment friendly and handcrafted fragrance and we do not label our perfumes according to gender. Natural fragrances by Olentia Nasus are gender neutral and can be used by anyone. An individual can relate any fragrance to their own personality irrespective of gender and this is why do not label our perfumes “For men” and “For women”.


NOTES
Pink pepper, Melonal Isolate Natural, Anise Star, Genet Absolute, Hay Absolute, Honey Lavender Absolute, Ionone Beta Isolate Natural, Orange Flower Absolut, Cocoa Absolute, Labdanum Absolute, Patchouli Dark, Tobacco Absolute, Tonka Absolute, Vanilla Oleoresin, Vetiver Absolute.


REVIEW 
A combination of mouthwatering watermelon executed in a hyper reallistic way with a huge orange blossom dose is the first thing that you smell in Royal Blue and that uniqueness is what grabs your attention and makes you feel very special since the very beginning.

"Uniqueness is what grabs your attention and makes you feel very special since the very first moment that you experience Royal Blue"
A unique and complex melange of ingredients of the purest and highest quality starts to reveal their facets unfolding layer after layer of rich resins provided by my beloved labdanum highlighting its resinous aspects enhanced by hay and star anise reinforcing the herbal side of the bush, raw honey highlighting its animalic yet its dreamy facets all wrapped in a super addictive vanilla, cocoa and tonka accord resting on a bed of dark patchouli and extraordinary noble woods.
"A unique and complex melange of ingredients of the purest and highest quality starts to reveal their facets unfolding layer after layer"
An enchanting and superb rich masterpiece that interacts with your soul and senses to create a state of fullness and satisfaction not explainable with words but only having the luck to experience its elegance.

Congratulations Olentia Nasus and thank you for creating such an inspiring exclusive piece.


Check my review on Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/CCAS1fIoupt/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link 


SPANISH ARTICLE


Una combinación de deliciosa sandía ejecutada de una manera hiperrealista con una gran dosis de azahar es lo primero que hueles en Royal Blue y esa singularidad es lo que llama tu atención y te hace sentir muy especial desde el principio.

Una mezcla única y compleja de ingredientes de la más pura y más alta calidad comienza a revelar sus facetas desplegándose capa tras capa de ricas resinas proporcionadas por mi amado ládano resaltando sus aspectos resinosos aumentados por heno y anís estrellado que refuerzan el lado herbal del arbusto, miel cruda, destacando sus facetas animales pero a la vez soñadoras, todo envuelto en un acorde súper adictivo de vainilla, cacao y tonka que descansan sobre una cama de oscuro pachuli y extraordinarias maderas nobles.

Una obra maestra encantadora y magnífica que interactúa con tu alma y tus sentidos para crear un estado de plenitud y satisfacción que no se puede explicar con palabras, sino que solo teniendo la suerte de experimentar su elegancia.

Felicitaciones a Olentia Nasus y gracias por crear una pieza tan inspiradora y exclusiva.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

BLACK by Puredistance Master Perfumes

GOLD by Puredistance Master Pefumes

AENOTUS by Puredistance Master Perfumes